On a former date, the "Wambashoeve" or "Hof ten Wambas" was also called "Sinte Martijns and finds its origin in the old "Hof ten Broeke” located on the other side of the Brusselsestraat. The eldest lease goes back to 1641.
This date is written in the lintel of the house-door. The farm is built out of anchored bricks.  On the top of the two outside housing-doors you can see the typical oval sky-lights with four arch stones made of sandstone.
The roof edge has been dressed with a pretty blue stones cornice. On the saddle-roof there are three attic windows and a rider of saddle.

The first farmer was Jan Heyman. From the abbey of Saint-Adrian he obtained a land with a surface of 50ha to farm out.
The lease, in this time, was refunded by products in kind, being a bag of corn, barley, German wheat...

In 1649, the lease was taken by Andries Rollier. In 1678 he was succeeded by Matheus De Pelsmakere, the husband of Johanna Rollier. The farm remains in this family since in 1705, the son Martinus De Pelsmakere, takes over the lease again.

Because of the belligerency at the end of the 17th century by Lodewijk XIV, there was much destruction in this area. The “Wambashoeve” also divided in the bits. Therefore Johanna Rollier had to ask for the remittal of debts to the abbey of Saint-Adrian. In exchange of this, each week, she had to provide the students of the Saint-Adrian College of butter milk and milk.

In 1696, the farm was destroyed almost completely by the bands of army which devastated the area. By a lack of incomes of the abbey, the reconstruction dragged on for a long time.

In 1718 the lease was taken by Jan Haelterman. In 1759 N De Vulder succeeded him. It was he who helped to rebuild the farm in stone. The last person who took over the lease was Pieter Johannes De Vulder.

After the farm was confiscated by the French Republic, it was sold in 1797 for 65900 pounds to a certain Vidat, this in order of Suzanne De Smet, old converses from the Saint-Joris hospital in Ghent. The whole consists of the farmstead with house, cattle sheds, barns, stables, 34 hectares, 97 are ground and meadow. The house consists of a kitchen, two rooms, and a corridor in the medium, four small rooms, a wash-house, a cellar and an attic. The buildings were all built in stone so they did not require urgent breakdown services.

Surrounding 1835, "Hof ten Wambas" was the property of the brothers Ferdinand and Prosper Spitaels. Ferdinand was also the mayor of Onkerzele (1825-1829). About 1830 he immigrated to Charleroi where he appeared to be an applauded industrialist and a politician (amongst other things senator 1848 to the 1963).

In 1874 "Hof ten Wambas" was sold to Count Karel de Kerckhove de Denterghem. At the moment of its final succession in 1905, the smallholding became property of Ernest Stas de Richelle - of Kerckhove de Denterghem de Merelbeke. In 1956 these rights of ownership were given to Robert Stas de Richelle - Kervijn d' Oudt Mooreghem. This one sold the farm on August 11, 1959 to Armand Maquestiau. The widow and her son inherited the rights in 1963. Finally, November 27, 1978 the farm becomes property of Marc Devos who is until now the owner.